Martin Luther King, Jr. Book Scholarship
The Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Fund at the Muskingum County Community Foundation hopes to encourage graduating minority seniors from Muskingum County to pursue higher education at a 2 or 4 year college or university.
Multiple $1,000 book scholarships will be awarded. Scholarships will be divided into two payments of $500 each.
- 1. Applicant must be a minority student.
- 2. Applicant must be on track to be a high school graduate for the current year.
- 3. Applicant must have taken a CP, Honors, or AP track throughout high school.
- 4. Applicant must have taken the ACT or SAT before the end of October 2023 and receive an 18 or higher composite ACT score or SAT equivalent.
- 5. Applicant must have applied to a 2 or 4-year college or university.
- 6. Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- 7. Applicant must have passed all parts of Ohio's State Test.
- 8. Applicant must attach an official high school transcript to the submitted application that shows ACT scores and cumulative GPA.
- 9. There will be a 2024 Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Fund Prayer Breakfast on January 15, 2024. Recipients are required to attend.
Before you click on the APPLICATION AND INFORMATION button below, download the GOapply V2 Applicant Guide for 2024 MLK Scholarship Application.
Print PDF View Fund & Donate