Margaret Carol Barringer Scholarship
Margaret Carol Barringer was a graduate of Philo High School. Her children graduated from Philo High School, & her grandchildren graduated from Philo High School. She was widowed at the age of 32, but worked multiple jobs to ensure that her children were able to receive the college education she so desperately wanted for them. It is our hope that the beneficiary of this scholarship does not take higher education for granted, but that he or she views it as a privilege not available or accessible to everyone.
One annual scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior of Philo High School. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Student must attend an accredited college, university, or institute. The ideal recipient will possess a balance of academic achievement, extra curricular participation & community involvement. Finalists will be required to interview with the selection committee.
ELIGIBILITY & AWARD CRITERIA:
- • Applicants must be graduating seniors from Philo High School with at least a 3.0. GPA.
- • Scholarships will be awarded for education at accredited colleges or universities.
- • Financial need is not mandatory but will be taken into consideration when awarding scholarships.
- • Applicant must complete the scholarship application by amending the electronic application & submitting via email. All secondary requirements (transcripts, resume, letters of recommendation, etc) must be submitted as electronic attachments. No hand written documents will be accepted.
- • 2 Recommendations are required.
- #1 - from a faculty member of Philo High School.
- #2 - from a community member NOT related to the applicant (coach, employer, etc).
- • Applicant must submit a 1 page resume.
- • Application must include a copy of transcripts through 1st semester of senior year.
- • Finalists will be required to interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- • Please attach any College or University acceptance letters you have received prior to submitting this application.
For assistance send email to:email@example.com.
Application & Information Print PDF View Fund & Donate