Jeffrey A. and Lisa R. Wilson Academic Scholarship
The Jeffrey A. and Lisa R. Wilson Academic Scholarship was created to honor the education their four children received at West Muskingum Schools. This education included opportunities to further themselves academically, athletically, and through service to others. Jeff and Lisa want to give forward to future generations of West Muskingum graduates so that they may have continued and lasting success.
- 1.) 60% of the composite score will be based upon academic performance. This will include the following factors: GPA, class ranking, strength of coursework and standardized testing scores (ACT). Excellence and pursuing a difficult curriculum through AP and CCP coursework should be prioritized more highly than a higher GPA alone. Standardized testing should be considered as a measure of success in the academic process, noting college readiness and should be considered as an important factor.
- 2.) 20% of the composite score will be based upon extra-curricular activities. Activities such as student groups, outside volunteer activities, sports, work and other items will be considered with an emphasis on the time and meaningful support these activities supply to the individual's development and support of our community.
- 3.) 20% of the composite score will be based upon leadership traits as demonstrated by noted leadership positions in various activities. Leadership should be characterized in having a leadership role in groups, in the classroom or on the field or court. Personal initiative through individual endeavors may be considered for exceptional leadership.
- - Must be a West Muskingum High School senior that has attended West Muskingum High School for four years, including time spent in College Credit Plus and/or Mid-East Career and Technical Center.
- - Must be pursing educational opportunities at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university (degree in any subject area).
- - Must be involved in extracurricular, community, and volunteer activities.
- - Must have a minimum 3.5 GPA
- - Must submit an application, two nomination letters, and an essay.
- - Targeting an award of multiple scholarships ranging from $250 to $1,000 with the purpose of defraying any costs related to college or university enrollment
***This is not a need based scholarship. Any financial information gathered as part of the MCCF Common application will not be considered by the committee as a part of the scholarship selection process.***
Phone: (740) 453-5192
Application & Information Print PDF View Fund & Donate