• Must be a resident of Muskingum County and preference is given to a graduate of a certified Muskingum County high school.
• Maintained at least a “C” average in high school (2.0 GPA on a 4 point grading system).
• Maintain no less than a “C” average in pursuing higher education.
• Attending or planning to attend an accredited college, technical college, university, adult center, or graduate school within the United States.
• Be highly motivated to acquire the knowledge necessary to be successful in his/her chosen field.
• May be a “late bloomer” who has gained focus and direction the last year or two of high school.
• May come from a family which does not qualify for student financial aid on the basis of need.
• May have graduated earlier and has now chosen to further his/her education. If the applicant is over the age of 24 and is self-supporting, they may skip the parental information questions.
• Not necessarily be a top student who is eligible for academic scholarships or a member of a low-income family who would qualify for adequate financial aid on the basis of need.