Services for Your School
Scholarship Central offers the following services to high schools in Muskingum and surrounding counties:
- AmeriCorps Ohio College Guide - AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides are recent college graduates that serve alongside counselors and faculty in local high schools to provide a pipeline of new and current information about the college-going-process and experience. The guides help students with career exploration, college selection, scholarship searches and applications and all steps of the financial aid process.
- College Resource Center - Maintain a centralized location for community members to research higher education opportunities. Trained staff offers assistance in identifying colleges and programs that match a student's interests; search for scholarships; step-by-step procedure through the admissions and financial aid processes; ACT and SAT preparation. The resource center provides students access to computers with high-speed internet and printers, as well as college view-books, scholarship searches, and applications.
- Parental Advising - Assistance for parents in preparing for their children's post-secondary education through educational activities, presentations, and one-on-one advising.
- Financial Aid Advising - Provide trained advisors for personal and confidential advisory services to high school students and their families, supplementing the financial aid information provided by school guidance staff and to maximize each student's financial aid opportunities. Individualized assistance with filing and/or correcting the FAFSA is also available by appointment.
- Scholarship Scouts - College guides provide aid to students who need assistance with post-secondary education questions. They provide social and emotional support, encouragement, and serve as positive role models.
- Community Workshops - Workshops at various sites in the community to promote early awareness of college planning, financial aid services, and other important aspects of preparation for post-secondary education.
- Early Awareness Activities - Opportunities for elementary, middle, and high school students and their parents to gain awareness and plan for post-secondary education.