Go directly to the scholarship lists available for download.
Go directly to the scholarship applications available for download.
Scholarships may be based on academic performance, financial need, religious affiliation, minority status, heritage, community affiliations, or a unique set of criteria that is important to the organization providing funds. A few examples of such scholarships are as follows:
- High schools or prospective colleges may award scholarships based on academic performance.
- Ethnic organizations often provide scholarships to outstanding students sharing their respective ethnic backgrounds.
- Many companies offer scholarships to employees and/or children of their employees.
- Some houses of worship and religious denominations offer scholarships for their members or students planning a career in the clergy.
- Some organizations sponsor scholarships to attract students to a field of study facing a shortage of workers, or to encourage non-traditional or minority students to pursue a specific degree.
Interest free loans available to Muskingum County residents. Maximum amount is $2,000 per year for 4 years. Recipients must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA. New applications are accepted in June and July until all money is disbursed. New applicants can apply at the end of May as long as they have all of the required materials. Renewals may be submitted at any time, but are usually submitted in the summer months.
Local Scholarship Applications
Application must be postmarked by September 30, 2016. Students must have completed their sophomore year of college and be education majors or pursuing an advanced degree in education. They must be residents of Muskingum County who hold a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average for all coursework toward the degree they are pursuing.
Scholarship Central will be soon be offering another scholarship for students who have completed at least their first year of postsecondary education. The Violet And Ralph Hennessey Scholarship will be an online application available through a link on this page.
To be notified when they are released, sign up for the Scholarship Central email list through this link or by clicking "Join Our Mailing List" in the upper right corner of this page.
Deadline is two weeks prior to the starting date of the semester you wish to enroll. Applications and all required documentation must be received in the Admissions Office by that date.
You must meet all of the following criteria:
Have a composite score of 21 or higher on the ACT (or equivalent SAT score).
Have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher after the completion of senior year.
Pass all sections of the Ohio Graduation Test.
Reside in or attend a high school in Muskingum, Guernsey or Noble counties.
Enroll at Zane State College within five (5) academic semesters after high school graduation.