Go directly to the scholarship lists available for download.
Go directly to the scholarship applications available for download.
Scholarships may be based on academic performance, financial need, religious affiliation, minority status, heritage, community affiliations, or a unique set of criteria that is important to the organization providing funds. A few examples of such scholarships are as follows:
- High schools or prospective colleges may award scholarships based on academic performance.
- Ethnic organizations often provide scholarships to outstanding students sharing their respective ethnic backgrounds.
- Many companies offer scholarships to employees and/or children of their employees.
- Some houses of worship and religious denominations offer scholarships for their members or students planning a career in the clergy.
- Some organizations sponsor scholarships to attract students to a field of study facing a shortage of workers, or to encourage non-traditional or minority students to pursue a specific degree.
Interest free loans available to Muskingum County residents. Maximum amount is $2,000 per year for 4 years. Recipients must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA. New applications are accepted in June and July until all money is disbursed. New applicants can apply at the end of May as long as they have all of the required materials. Renewals may be submitted at any time, but are usually submitted in the summer months. Click on the heading above to download an information sheet and go to the William M. Shinnick Educational Fund website for more information and to complete an application.
Local Scholarship Applications
The Walter M. Hughes scholarship will be awarded to residents of Muskingum County currently studying or intending to study ceramic engineering at an accredited college or university. Scholarships may also be granted to applicants studying other branches of engineering, the natural and biological sciences, or other fields with preference given in the listed order. Consideration will be given to the the applicant's character, academic ability, financial need, and letters of recommendation.
Applications must be submitted by May 31.
Deadline is June 1, 2017. Three to five $1,000.00 awards to Muskingum County residents offered each year to students with a dedication to community service and volunteering. All Applicants must be graduating students from a high school located within Muskingum County. No applications from those having already graduated high school in a previous school year and now attending college or a tech school will be considered.
Due June 15th. Applicant must be a junior or senior enrolled in a four-year accredited college or university for the upcoming term. Applicant must be pursuing a teaching career and must have graduated from a Muskingum County public or parochial school.
This is a common application form for the Genesis HealthCare Foundation scholarships. There are 8 scholarships which will use this application form.
**Applications must be postmarked by no later than June 15, 2017. **
Charles & Gloria Wehr Nursing Scholarship
Open to employees of Genesis and immediate families who are residents of Muskingum County pursuing degrees in nursing. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Consideration given to academics, essays, references, and need.
Edward L. Merry and Bernice Anderson Merry Nursing Scholarship
Open to residents of Muskingum County pursuing nursing degrees. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Consideration given to academics, essays, references, and need.
Jim and Betty Hooper Scholarship
Open to employees of Genesis and immediate families who are residents of Muskingum and Perry counties pursuing a degree in the health care field. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Consideration given to academics, essays, references, and need.
John A. Gonder Memorial Scholarship
Open to residents of Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties pursuing a degree in the health care field. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Consideration given to academics, essays, references, and need.
Judith Moody Nursing Scholarship
Applicants must be pursuing a degree in nursing. Preference given to Genesis employees and immediate families. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Consideration given to academics, essays, references, and need.
Good Samaritan Nurses Alumni Scholarship
Descendant of graduate of Good Samaritan School of Nursing.
Dr. Bobby D. Young Scholarship
Applicant must be pursuing a degree in nursing or any health related field. Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA. Applicant must reside in Muskingum, Guernsey, Noble, Morgan, Coshocton or Perry County (permanent address, not school address). Applicant must show a potential contribution to the health care field as determined by the application submitted by applicant.
Bethesda Hospital of Nursing Alumna Association Scholarship
Deadline is June 30, 2017. $500 grant to a resident of Muskingum County who has graduated from a Muskingum County High School preparing to teach and who is entering the final year of college, ready to student teach. The award money will be paid
directly to the recipient. The criteria used to select the recipient will include a strong interest in teaching, recommendations and scholarship. The deadline for the receipt of application will be June 30, 2017. Supporting materials must be received by July 15, 2017.
Deadline is July 1, 2017. Y-Bridge Chapter #51 awards one or more $500 grants to an entering freshman or upperclassman student who shows superior academic achievements and exhibits a financial need. Applicants must be a permanent resident of a South Eastern Ohio county and enroll or be enrolled in a program of health care related studies in an accredited school in Ohio. Application, letter, three reference letters, transcripts and ACT or SAT scores required. See guidelines and application for detailed instructions.
Deadline is July 1, 2017.
A candidate for the Charles and Mary Lou Heck Educational Scholarship is expected to fit the profile described below.
• Be a resident of Muskingum County and a graduate of a certified Muskingum County high school.
• Be a current undergraduate or graduate college student.
• Maintained at least a “C” average in high school (2.0 GPA on a 4 point grading system).
• Maintain no less than a “C” average in pursuing higher education.
• Attend a program leading to a 2 or 4 year degree/certificate from an accredited institution.
• Have clear career knowledge of the occupation he/she wishes to pursue.
• Be highly motivated to acquire the knowledge necessary to be successful in his/her chosen field.
• May be a “late bloomer” who has gained focus and direction the last year or two of high school.
• May come from a family which does not qualify for student financial aid on the basis of need.
• May have graduated earlier and has now chosen to further his/her education.
• Not necessarily be a top student who is eligible for academic scholarships or a member of a low-income family who would qualify for adequate financial aid on the basis of need.
Application must be postmarked by September 29, 2017. Students must have completed their sophomore year of college and be education majors or pursuing an advanced degree in education. They must be residents of Muskingum County who hold a minimum of a 2.5 grade point average for all coursework toward the degree they are pursuing.
Scholarship Central will be soon be offering another scholarship for students who have completed at least their first year of postsecondary education. The Violet And Ralph Hennessey Scholarship will be an online application available through a link on this page.
To be notified when they are released, sign up for the Scholarship Central email list through this link or by clicking "Join Our Mailing List" in the upper right corner of this page.