Muskingum County Community Foundation Scholarship have been released!
Katie McCarty on 03/08/2018
The Muskingum County Community Foundation
March 8, 2018
Contact: Heather Sands
Director of Education Programs
The Muskingum County Community Foundation
(740) 453-5192 firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Muskingum County Community Foundation Scholarships Released. Due March 20th – Over $120,000 to be awarded!
Several scholarships for academic year 2017-2018 are currently accepting applications at The Muskingum County Community Foundation. Additional biography and scholarship information for each scholarship fund is available on the website. The following scholarships are due on Tuesday, March 20th.
• Traci Lynne Reed Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a high school senior from John Glenn High School pursuing higher education opportunities for the 2018-2019 school year. The applicant must be involved in volunteer, school, community, extracurricular, arts, music, drama, and church activities.
• Celine Wyatt Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a senior girl from the state of Ohio, who plays or has played softball. The applicant must have a minimum 3.2 GPA and excel in the sport of softball. They must be able to demonstrate and articulate the attributes of: leadership, passion, commitment and determination.
• Pamela Smith Jackson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a senior attending Waterford High School and one to a senior attending West Muskingum High School. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0, be involved in community activities including some volunteering, and be planning to attend a 4 year college or university.
• Tom Johnson Scholarship will be awarded to applicants that demonstrate a true love for life, a fantastic work ethic, a great sense of humor, and true respect for their family. This scholarship was established to honor Tom’s memory, his sense of humor, his love for his family, his love of sports, and the value he placed in education. All applicants must be 2018 graduates of a Muskingum County High School and be student athletes from the following sports: golf, bowling, or softball.
• Bucci-Dietz Art Scholarship will award one annual scholarship to a student artist pursuing a degree in the visual arts field at a college, university or institute. The scholarship is a one-time non-renewable award. The recipient is selected with consideration given to artistic achievements, artistic potential, academic ability, dependability, responsibility, motivation and recommendations. Student must be a graduate of a Muskingum County high school.
• Ashley Cordial Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a high school senior from West Muskingum High School pursuing higher education opportunities for the 2018-19 school year. The applicant must be involved in extra-curricular, community and volunteer activities and planning to obtain a degree in any subject area.
• Grant Hickman Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to multiple high school seniors graduating from a Muskingum County High School pursuing higher educational opportunities for the 2018-19 school year. The applicant must be involved in extra-curricular, community, and volunteer activities.
• Carolyn Ann Weiner Scholarships will be awarded to students who, like Carrie, face extraordinary challenges in their lives and wish to attend college. Candidates are nominated by individuals such as guidance counselors, principals, physicians, and ministers who are able to attest to the students’ strength of character and ability to succeed in spite of the challenges.
• Muskingum County Democrat Club Scholarship in Memory of Brenda A. Anderson is awarded to a high school senior residing in Muskingum County who plans to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university starting fall term of 2018 to pursue a career in the public arena. All majors may apply.
• Josephine Sebach Scholarships are awarded to residents of Muskingum County who are graduates of Muskingum County high schools. Students must be first-time college students and may be graduating high school seniors or previous graduates who plan to attain a 2 or 4 year degree/certificate from an accredited institution. Applicants are expected to be highly motivated to be successful and have clear knowledge of the occupations they wish to pursue.
• Margaret Carol Barringer Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior of Philo High School. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Student must attend an accredited college, university, or institute. The ideal recipient will possess a balance of academic achievement, extra-curricular participation & community involvement.
• Beckwith Farm Scholarship is open to any Philo High School graduate majoring in nursing or education. Candidates may be high school seniors, current college students, or returning adult students. Applicants must apply online. They will be able to save their work and come back to it; after they have submitted it, they may still revise their application until the deadline.
• Matthew B. Robinson Scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of a Muskingum County High School and presently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, or junior in a 4 year accredited institution majoring in Special Education. The applicant must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale. Applicants should show evidence of community service, club memberships, or athletic participation while in high school and/or college. The $1000.00 scholarship may be used toward any Special Education major.
• College Access Advisors Scholarship is open to any student who attends a high school being served by a college access advisor for the 2017-2018 school year (Crooksville High School, Maysville High School, Philo High School, Zanesville High School, Mid-East CTC Zanesville, or Mid-East CTC Buffalo), plans to attend an institution of higher education, and must have met with the school’s college access advisor at least once.
• Herbert P. ‘Tim’ Jones Music Scholarship will be awarded to a 2018 high school senior attending a Muskingum County high school or a current college student (undergraduate or graduate) pursuing higher education opportunities in music performance or music education at Muskingum University or Ohio University for the 2018-19 school year. The applicant must have at least a 2.5 GPA and have been active in music during high school.
• Corley and Melodie Thomas Scholarship will be awarded to a 2018 high school senior attending a Muskingum County high school or a current college student who attended a Muskingum County high school, planning to pursue higher education opportunities for the 2018-19 school year. Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (where 4.0 is the highest possible) or higher, been active in a community service groups or organizations during their high school career. Applicant must be attending or plan to attend any 2 or 4 year accredited institution.
• Coach Keller Memorial Athletic Scholarship is open to 2018 graduating Tri-Valley High School seniors with a cumulative GPA exceeding 3.0, been active in track and/or cross country for at least one high school season, and be planning to attend any 2 or 4 year accredited institution. Upon acceptance, the scholarship may be used toward any major.
• Howard and Norma Lavy Veterans Memorial Scholarship is open to graduating seniors (or previously graduated senior if a military veteran) from Zanesville High School with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (where 4.0 is the highest possible) or higher. Applicants must have been active in a community service group or organization during their high school years and be planning to attend any two or four-year accredited institution or an accredited technical or vocational institution meeting the academic requirements (or similar grading system) noted above. ZHS graduates from disadvantaged backgrounds, qualified veterans, and those entering into the college-level Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs should receive preference.
• James W. McCandlish Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Zanesville High School senior pursuing a degree in the Visual Arts or Education at a college, university, or institute. Students majoring in Performing Arts are not eligible to apply.
New Scholarships Available This Year:
• John and Susan (Rose) Dorr Scholarship is open to graduates of Zanesville, Maysville, or West Muskingum High Schools who are planning to major in business, nursing or education OR be attending an Ohio Skilled Trade Tech School for HVAC or Diesel Mechanic at an accredited university/college or Skilled Trade Tech School within the state of Ohio.
• Cynthia McHenry Shull Scholarship is open to Zanesville High School graduates who have achieved at least a 2.0 GPA, 85% attendance, hold a part time job, and have an affiliation with a religious institution. Favorable recommendations from counselors, employers, etc. are required.
• Julie Mesaros Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Zanesville High School senior with a GPA of at least 2.8 who plans to pursue higher education opportunities during the 2018-19 school year. Applicants must also have participated in band, soccer, or track during their high school career.
For a complete description of each scholarship application/fund, please visit www.mccf.org or email email@example.com. The Scholarship Central office will be open extended hours in March to accept applications, assist students with the scholarship applications, and answer any questions.
Application materials for the above scholarships are available at The Muskingum County Community Foundation, 534 Putnam Avenue, Zanesville, Ohio 43701 and online at http://www.mccf.org. Additional information may be obtained by contacting Heather Sands at Scholarship Central (740) 453-5192 or firstname.lastname@example.org