The Muskingum County Community Foundation Scholarships Due FRIDAY – Over $120,000 to be awarded!
Katie McCarty on 03/31/2016
Several scholarship applications for academic year 2016-2017 are still being accepted at The Muskingum County Community Foundation. Additional biography and scholarship information for each scholarship fund is available on the website. The following scholarships are due on Friday, April 1st.
• 2016 Traci Lynne Reed Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a 2016 high school senior from John Glenn High School pursuing higher education opportunities for the 2016-2017 school year. The applicant must be involved in volunteer, school, community, extracurricular, arts, music, drama, and church activities. Additional information about this application is available online.
• 2016 Celine Wyatt Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a senior girl from the state of Ohio, who plays or has played softball. The applicant must have a minimum 3.2 GPA and excel in the sport of softball. They must be able to demonstrate and articulate the attributes of: leadership, passion, commitment and determination.
• The Pamela Smith Jackson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a senior attending Waterford High School and one to a senior attending West Muskingum High School. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0, be involved in community activities including some volunteering, and be planning to attend a 4 year college or university.
• The Tom Johnson Scholarship will be awarded to applicants that demonstrate a true love for life, a fantastic work ethic, a great sense of humor, and true respect for their family. This scholarship was established to honor Tom’s memory, his sense of humor, his love for his family, his love of sports, and the value he placed in education. All applicants must be 2016 graduates of a Muskingum County High School and be student athletes from the following sports: golf, bowling, or softball.
• The Bucci-Dietz Art Scholarship will award one annual scholarship to a student artist pursuing a degree in the visual arts field at a college, university or institute. The scholarship is a one-time non-renewable award. The recipient is selected with consideration given to artistic achievements, artistic potential, academic ability, dependability, responsibility, motivation and recommendations. Student must be a graduate of a Muskingum County high school.
• 2016 Nick Tilton Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a 2016 West Muskingum High School senior, pursuing higher education opportunities for the 2016-17 school year. The applicant must be involved in extra-curricular, community and volunteer activities and planning to obtain a degree in any subject area. Applicant must be involved in football or music.
• The Ashley Cordial Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a 2016 high school senior from West Muskingum High School pursuing higher education opportunities for the 2016-17 school year. The applicant must be involved in extra-curricular, community and volunteer activities and planning to obtain a degree in any subject area.
• The Grant Hickman Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to multiple high school seniors graduating from a Muskingum county high school, Morgan High School, Sheridan High School or Cambridge High School, pursuing higher educational opportunities for the 2016-17 school year. The applicant must be involved in extra-curricular, community and volunteer activities.
• The Carolyn Ann Weiner Scholarships will be awarded to students who, like Carrie, face extraordinary challenges in their lives and wish to attend college. Candidates are nominated by individuals such as guidance counselors, principals, physicians, and ministers who are able to attest to the students’ strength of character and ability to succeed in spite of the challenges.
• The Muskingum County Democrat Club Scholarship in Memory of Brenda A. Anderson is awarded to a high school senior residing in Muskingum County who plans to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university starting fall term of 2016 to pursue a career in the public arena. All majors may apply.
• The Josephine Sebach Scholarships are awarded to residents of Muskingum County who are graduates of Muskingum County high schools. Students must be first-time college students and may be graduating high school seniors or previous graduates who plan to attain a 2 or 4 year degree/certificate from an accredited institution. Applicants are expected to be highly motivated to be successful and have clear knowledge of the occupations they wish to pursue.
• The Margaret Carol Barringer Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior of Philo High School. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Student must attend an accredited college, university, or institute. The ideal recipient will possess a balance of academic achievement, extra-curricular participation & community involvement.
• The Beckwith Farm Scholarship is open to any Philo High School graduate majoring in nursing or education. Candidates may be high school seniors, current college students, or returning adult students. Applicants must apply online. They will be able to save their work and come back to it; after they have submitted it, they may still revise their application until the deadline.
New Scholarships Available This Year:
• 2016 Gene Menhorn Memorial Athletic Scholarship will be awarded to a 2016 graduating Zanesville High School senior with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 (where 4.0 is the highest possible) or higher. Applicant must have been active in a ZHS Athletic program during their high school career. Applicants must be planning to attend any 2 or 4 year accredited institution. Upon acceptance, the scholarship may be used toward any major.
• 2016 Matthew B. Robinson Scholarship will be awarded to a graduate of a Muskingum County High School and presently enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, or junior in a 4 year accredited institution majoring in Special Education. The applicant must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA based on a 4.0 scale. Applicants should show evidence of community service, club memberships, or athletic participation while in high school and/or college. The $1000.00 scholarship may be used toward any Special Education major.
• 2016 Mike Strohl Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a 2016 graduating Philo High School senior.
For a complete description of each scholarship application/fund, please visit www.mccf.org or email email@example.com. The Scholarship Central office will be open until 7 p.m. March 21st through March 24th and March 28th through April 1st to accept applications, assist students with the scholarship applications, and answer any questions.
Application materials for the above scholarships are available at The Muskingum County Community Foundation, 534 Putnam Avenue, Zanesville, Ohio 43701 and online at http://www.mccf.org Additional information may be obtained by contacting Heather Sands at Scholarship Central (740) 453-5192 or firstname.lastname@example.org.