Scholarship Central Seeking 4 recent college graduates to serve as Ohio College Guides
Katie McCarty on 03/15/2015
Scholarship Central Accepting Applications for AmeriCorps Positions
ZANESVILLE- Scholarship Central Access Program at The Muskingum County Community Foundation has been selected to host as many as four AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides through the College Now Greater Cleveland. This will be the sixth year we have participated in this program.
AmeriCorps Ohio College Guides will make a real impact on the lives of Ohio students and their surrounding community by promoting college access on a personal level. Members will serve as access advisors, mentoring and guiding typically underserved Ohioans - first generation college-going, low-income, and minority - in getting the information they need to make educated decisions and plans for their future.
The Ohio College Guides program places recent college graduates into schools and community centers to provide a pipeline of current information about the college-going-process to motivate students and families to think seriously about the plans and goals that will lead them into an opportunity-rich future.
To apply for this position, go to:
The Ohio College Guide AmeriCorps member position is an eleven-month, fulltime position from August 3, 2015, through June 24, 2016, with compensation and benefits provided by the College Now Greater Cleveland program.
Interviews will be conducted at Scholarship Central in Zanesville and we will be interviewing until the positions are filled. We are recruiting talented individuals who want to make a difference to join the Ohio College Guides AmeriCorps team and commit eleven months to the position. Each College Guide will advise students on career exploration, academic preparation for postsecondary education, and financial aid; assist students with the college selection process; and plan college tours.
Call Heather Sands at (740) 453-5192 with questions. Applications will only be accepted through the above link.
NO PAPER APPLICATIONS AND
NO APPLICATIONS THROUGH EMAIL
WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Interested in applying for an Ohio College Guides position? Follow these steps:
Create an application on the AmeriCorps site:
1. Go to my.americorps.gov
2. Click on the "Apply to Serve" link on the bottom of the home page.
3. Follow the prompts to complete an online application.
Apply to the Ohio College Guides:
1. Go to www.americorps.gov
2. Click on “Join AmeriCorps” found on the left-hand side of the home page.
3. Click on the "Advanced Search Opportunity" within the "Join AmeriCorps" box located on the right-hand side of the page.
4. Select “State/National” for program type.
5. Select "Ohio" for the state within the quick search function.
6. Type in "Ohio College Guides" for program name
7. Click on search.
8. The position descriptions will come up from each host site around the state. Click on the program name to view more information.
9. Once you do this, you will see an "Apply Now" link at the bottom of the page. Click on that and follow the prompts from there.