Wanted: GEAR UP Administrative Assistant
Posted on 11/16/2014
The GEAR UP Ohio project was conceived and designed as a partnership between the Ohio Board of Regents (OBR) and College Now Greater Cleveland (College Now) as a logical approach to increase college and career attainment in Ohio by uniting statewide initiatives with College Now’s extensive college access experience. Scholarship Central Access Program, the Ohio Board of Regents (OBR), College Now Greater Cleveland (College Now) and the Muskingum County Community Foundation are partnering for the GEAR UP Ohio project (Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs) starting in the 2014-15 school year.
The GEAR UP Ohio project is an effort to increase college and career attainment in Ohio by uniting statewide initiatives with College Now’s extensive college access experience. Scholarship Central and The Muskingum County Community Foundation will be working with Crooksville Intermediate School and Crooksville High School to 1) increase the academic performance and preparation for postsecondary education for GEAR UP OHIO students, 2) increase the rates of high school graduation and enrollment in postsecondary education for GEAR UP OHIO students, 3) increase GEAR UP OHIO students’ and their families’ knowledge of postsecondary options, preparation and financing and 4) ensure that GEAR UP OHIO consortia will become self-sustaining; develop civic participation in their programs and spread awareness and replication in other schools and communities.
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant, GEAR UP
STANDARD HOURS: 20 hours/week, negotiable days and hours
REPORTS TO: GEAR UP Site Director
The Administrative Assistant provides overall administrative support for a GEAR UP Ohio site, including program coordination and staff support.
- Provide support for programming for a GEAR UP site, including: ordering supplies, planning for and helping to execute parent sessions, assisting on-site as needed, chaperoning field trips, and organizing special events.
- Assist with GEAR UP reporting requirements, including: obtaining data from the LEA, verifying student paperwork, and executing the appropriate accounting processes to maintain the site’s compliance with federal reporting requirements.
- Coordinate college visits for the GEAR UP site, including: coordinating transportation, organizing payment for lunch, confirming itineraries, and arranging for visits to special programs at the colleges.
- Coordinate statewide and local meetings for site personnel, including those with the LEA, IHE, the Chamber of Commerce, and other potential community partners.
- Coordinate the logistics for GEAR UP personnel training as well as other professional development opportunities, including: scheduling, reserving space, registration, securing technology, and transportation as needed.
- Facilitate or provide support for various events and functions as requested or assigned.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the program, including: managing calendars, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
The Administrative Assistant must have an associate’s degree - a bachelor’s degree is preferred. The individual must be detail-oriented, be deadline driven, possess strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and problem-solving skills. The individual must have excellent organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a busy environment.
The individual must be able to work autonomously and in a team environment with a collaborative focus; have strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); and be adept at working with individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
Please send cover letter, resume and recommendations to firstname.lastname@example.org.