The Muskingum County Community Foundation Scholarships Due THURSDAY
Posted on 03/12/2012
Several scholarship applications for academic year 2012-2013 are presently being accepted at The Muskingum County Community Foundation. The following scholarships are due on Thursday, March 15th.
- The Carolyn Ann Weiner Scholarships will be awarded to students who, like Carrie, face extraordinary challenges in their lives and wish to attend college. Candidates are nominated by individuals such as guidance counselors, principals, physicians, and ministers who are able to attest to the students’ strength of character and ability to succeed in spite of the challenges.
- The Muskingum County Democrat Club Scholarship is a high school senior residing in Muskingum County who plan to attend a 2 or 4 year accredited college or university starting fall term of 2011 to pursue a career in the public arena. All majors may apply.
- The Josephine Sebach Scholarships are awarded to residents of Muskingum County who are graduates of Muskingum County high schools. Students must be first-time college students and may be graduating high school seniors or previous graduates who plan to attain a 2 or 4 year degree/certificate from an accredited institution. Applicants are expected to be highly motivated to be successful and have clear knowledge of the occupations they wish to pursue.
- The Bar-G Oil and Gas Scholarship is awarded to a graduating senior from the Mid-East Technology Center in Zanesville to pursue higher-education opportunities. Applicants must be a resident of Muskingum County, planning to attend Zane State College starting fall term of 2012 and have a GPA of 2.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- The Margaret Carol Barringer Scholarship will be awarded to a graduating senior of Philo High School. Student must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. Student must attend an accredited college, university, or institute. The ideal recipient will possess a balance of academic achievement, extra-curricular participation & community involvement.
- The Beckwith Farm Scholarship is open to any Philo High School graduate majoring in nursing or education. Candidates may be high school seniors, current college students, or returning adult students. Applicants must apply online through the link above. You will be able to save your work and come back to it; after you have submitted it, you may still revise your application until the deadline.
- The Pamela Smith Jackson Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a senior attending Waterford High School and one to a senior attending West Muskingum High School. Applicants must have a GPA of at least 3.0, be involved in community activities including some volunteering, and be planning to attend a 4 year degree college or university.
- The Tom Johnson Scholarship will be awarded to applicants that demonstrate a true love for life, a fantastic work ethic, a great sense of humor, and true respect for their family. All applicants must be 2012 graduates of a Muskingum County high school and be student athletes from the following sports: golf, bowling, or softball.
- The Glenville Thomas Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a Zanesville High School senior who is in the ZHS choir and who will be a vocal music major at an accredited institution for higher education.
For a complete description of each scholarship application/fund, go to the scholarship page in the Scholarship Central section of our website:
or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Scholarship Central at The Muskingum County Community Foundation, 534 Putnam Avenue, Zanesville, Ohio 43701.