MCCF Accepting Nominations for Brian T. Wagner Community Leadership Award
Posted by Juliet Lacy on 12/16/2011
The Brian T. Wagner Community Leadership Award
The Brian T. Wagner Community Leadership Award was established by the Muskingum County Community Foundation (MCCF) Council to honor people between the ages of 18 and 55 and to encourage other young adults to give time to their community. Please consider nominating someone you know who is making a difference in the lives of others.
A nominee must be someone:
• between the ages of 18 and 55.
• who shows generosity of time and spirit.
• who lives in and does their volunteer work in Muskingum County.
A nominee may be someone who:
• has successfully led a special volunteer project.
• has a long history of volunteer service.
• has shown particular courage or determination.
• is an unsung hero or heroine.
For the recipient:
• A special recognition and award presentation during MCCF’s 27th Anniversary Groundhog Day Celebration on Friday, January 27, 2012.
• Recognition on a plaque permanently displayed at the office of the MCCF.
• An MCCF donation of $1,000 to the recipient’s favorite nonprofit organization
• Publicity of their favorite organization and an opportunity to recruit new volunteers or donors.
Past Recipients of the Award:
2005 Brian T. Wagner, Hank Littick & Julie Biles
2006 Steve Randles
2007 Tedd Murphy
2008 David Morrow
2009 Susan J. Montgomery McDonald
2010 Nan Nolder
2011 Jody Spencer
Procedure for nominating an individual:
To nominate an outstanding community leader, send or deliver your letter to the Muskingum County Community Foundation, 534 Putnam Avenue, Zanesville, OH 43701 explaining why this person should receive the award. Please be sure to include the nominee’s address and phone number and a detailed description of their service in the community.
Nominations must be received at the Muskingum County Community Foundation office by Wednesday, January 4, 2012.