Groundhog Day Celebration
The 31st Annual Groundhog Day Celebration
January 29, 2016
at the Campus Center at Ohio University - Zanesville / Zane State College
1555 Newark Road
Zanesville, OH 43701
Click here to see select items from this year's auction.
Click here to download a PDF of the Invitation.
To purchase tickets and tables ahead of time:
Download this form and mail or bring it in with a check to the MCCF office, 534 Putnam Ave., Zanesville, OH 43701.
Click here to purchase tickets or tables online. Please include in the notes section of the form how many general admission seats you would like at $30 each, how many tables (eight seats to a table) at $500 each or how many Golden Tickets at $20 each.
If you would like to donate an item to this year's auction, email email@example.com or call 740-453-5192.
This event features:
- The presentation of the Dick Johnson Civic Leadership Award
- The presentation of the Brian T. Wagner Community Leadership Award
- Silent and Live Auctions
- Traditional beverages
- Local caterers & restaurateurs
*Purchase a $20 Golden Ticket for a chance to win the Live Auction item of your choice. Must be present to win. Excludes “Featured” item(s).
All proceeds from the event benefit local charitable projects. After last year's fundraising auction, nearly $30,000 was raised for distribution in the 2015 Spring Grant Competition.
The recipients of the 2015 Spring Grant Competition were:
- Zanesville-Muskingum County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Artist Colony of Zanesville (COZ)
- Zane Trace Players
- Village of Roseville
- Adamsville Elementary School
- The PowerHouse of Southeastern Ohio, Inc.
- Zanesville Community Gardens
- Zanesville Museum of Art
- Nelson T. Gant Foundation
- Y-City Barbershop Chorus
- Bethel Mission (DBA Bethel Community Center)
- Muskingum University High School
- Summer Music Theatre CAMP
- Avondale Youth Center and Boy Scouts of America
- Tri-Valley Youth Soccer Association
Select Auction Items for 2016 Groundhog Celebration
Masthead Photo: Each year, MCCF hosts an anniversary celebration on or near Groundhog Day - Photo by Dan Olson